IGCSE Double Award Science
We follow the International GCSE in Science (Double Award). This enables pupils to:
- Learn about unifying patterns and themes in science and use them in new and changing situations
- Acquire knowledge and understanding of scientific facts, terminology, concepts, principles and practical techniques
- Apply the principles and concepts of science, including those related to the applications of science, to different contexts
- Evaluate scientific information, making judgements on the basis of this information
- Appreciate the practical nature of science, developing experimental and investigative skills based on correct and safe laboratory techniques
- Analyse, interpret and evaluate data and experimental methods, drawing conclusions that are consistent with evidence from experimental activities and suggesting possible improvements and further investigations
- Recognise the importance of accurate experimental work and reporting scientific methods in science
- Select, organise and present relevant information clearly and logically using appropriate vocabulary, definitions and conventions
- Develop a logical approach to problem solving in a wider context
- Select and apply appropriate areas of mathematics relevant to science as set out under each topic
- Prepare for more advanced courses in science and for other courses that require knowledge of science.
Paying per year:
Double Award Science is one of 8 core IGCSE subjects you can study at InterHigh in Upper School (Years 10 & 11) for $4,245 a year.
Paying per term:
Three payments split over the three school terms (Autumn, Spring and Summer) for $1,415.