Online IGCSE Geography course details
The International GCSE in Geography that we follow will enable pupils to:
- Apply and build on the fundamental building blocks of geographical knowledge
- Actively engage in the process of geographical enquiry to develop as effective and independent learners, and as critical and reflective thinkers with enquiring minds
- Develop their knowledge and understanding of geographical concepts and appreciate the relevance of these concepts to our changing world
- Develop a framework of spatial awareness in which to appreciate the importance of the location of places and environments at a range of scales
- Appreciate that people have different views of, and attitudes to, the world, its environments and its issues
- Acquire, develop and apply practical geographical enquiry skills
- Undertake geographical investigations that include both primary and secondary data collection, presentation and analysis, drawing conclusions, and evaluating the whole geographical investigation
- Develop and apply their learning to the real world through fieldwork
- Develop their awareness of global issues and recognise the challenges of moving towards a sustainable future.
We also encourage and support our pupils to undertake practical/fieldwork activities, to put their learning into practice. This also enables us to take advantage of the wide geographical spread of our school – allowing pupils to gain very different insights into common topics.
Paying per year:
Geography is one of 8 core IGCSE subjects you can study at InterHigh in Upper School (Years 10 & 11) for $4,245 a year.
Paying per term:
Three payments split over the three school terms (Autumn, Spring and Summer) for $1,415.