Learn more about our IGCSE Physics online course
IGCSE Physics enables pupils to:
- Learn about unifying patterns and themes in physics and use them in new and changing situations
- Acquire knowledge and understanding of physical facts, terminology, concepts, principles and practical techniques
- Apply the principles and concepts of physics, including those related to the applications of physics, to different contexts
- Evaluate physical information, making judgements on the basis of this information
- Appreciate the practical nature of physics, developing experimental and investigative skills based on correct and safe laboratory techniques
- Analyse, interpret and evaluate data and experimental methods, drawing conclusions that are consistent with evidence from experimental activities and suggesting possible improvements and further investigations
- Recognise the importance of accurate experimental work and reporting scientific methods in physics
- Select, organise and present relevant information clearly and logically using appropriate vocabulary, definitions and conventions
- Develop a logical approach to problem solving in a wider context
- Select and apply appropriate areas of mathematics relevant to physics as set out under each topic
- Prepare for more advanced courses in physics and for other courses that require knowledge of physics.
Pupils can choose additional subjects including IGCSE Physics for an extra $520 per subject per year. This fee can either be paid in full or split across the three school terms.