A Level and AS French online course overview
Cambridge International AS and A Levels in languages other than English are accepted by universities and employers as proof of linguistic ability and understanding. Successful language students gain lifelong skills. The Cambridge International AS and A Level French:
- Enable students to communicate confidently and clearly in the target language
- Form a sound base of skills, language and attitudes required for further study, work and leisure
- Develop the ability to understand a language from a variety of registers
- Develop insights into the culture and civilisation of the countries where the language is spoken, including
- The study of literary texts where appropriate (this does not apply to AS French)
- Encourage positive attitudes to language learning and a sympathetic approach to other cultures and civilisations
- Support intellectual and personal development by promoting learning and social skills
A Level French students will sit exam papers in:
- Reading and writing
There is also a speaking exam.
Candidates who are beginning French A Level online should have previously completed an IGCSE course in French, or the equivalent level of qualification.
A Level French provides a suitable foundation for the study of French or related courses in higher education. Equally it is suitable for candidates intending to pursue careers or further study in French, or as part of a course of general education.
Students based in the UK have the option to pay annually, per term or monthly. International students based outside the UK can pay annually or per term:
Paying per term:
Starting from September, three payments of £450 for the Autumn, Spring and Summer terms.
Monthly payments (UK only):
Starting in September you can pay 10 monthly payments of £135 via Direct Debit.